- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Your Source for Eyeglasses in Metuchen and Edison
Eyeglasses are a simple, amazingly effective way to correct refractive errors that affect your eyes' ability to focus at various distances. If you need a Metuchen and Edison optometrist who can point you toward the perfect eyeglasses for your needs, look no further than In Focus Eyecare.
Determining Your Glasses Prescription and Lens Type
Vision testing is part of our comprehensive eye exam. We use an eye chart to observe how well you can see at specific simulated distances. This tells us whether you have nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism or presbyopia. Your Metuchen and Edison optometrist can then recommend:
- Single-vision lenses - Single-vision lenses correct for either nearsightedness or farsightedness, but not both. Astigmatism correction can also be added to a single-vision prescription.
- Bifocal lenses - Bifocals contain two corrective fields, one for distance vision and one for near vision. While the near field is usually placed toward the bottom of the lens, specialized variations can also be made.
- Trifocal lenses - Trifocal lenses go further than bifocals in correcting presbyopia by adding a small extra field in the center of the lens for intermediate vision.
- Progressive lenses - Progressive lenses provide a constant gradation of correction from near vision through intermediate and distance vision.
Coatings and Materials Offered by Your Metuchen Eye Doctor
Once we've settled your glasses prescription and basic lens type, it's time to consider any additional features for your eyeglasses in Metuchen. If you're constantly subjected to the glare of a computer screen, for example, you may want anti-reflective coatings that can cut that glare. Tinted lenses can also be helpful for computer use. Transition lenses automatically grow darker or lighter in response to the brightness of your surroundings. Of course your Metuchen eye doctor can equip you with lenses (including prescription sunglasses) that block out harmful UV radiation.
The lens material you choose can also be important. Strong, shatter-resistant polycarbonate plastic is the material of choice for kids, who can be rough on eyeglasses. Some individuals who insist on the most accurate degree of color visualization possible may actually prefer CR-39 plastic lenses from your Metuchen optometrist. You may also choose high-index lenses, which are specially designed to be lighter and more attractive than thicker lens configurations.
Our Wide World of Frames
When selecting glasses in Metuchen, you want to be as happy with your frames as you are with your lenses -- and In Focus Eyecare can help you in that department as well. We sport a variety of frames styles from leading designers to suit your fashion sense, facial shape, head size and need for sturdiness. Even small children can receive tough, great-looking frames that complement their newfound visual clarity.
If you're ready to get glasses in Metuchen, your Metuchen optometrist is ready to help. Call 732-549-3555 to schedule an eye exam, undergo vision testing and select from our many eyeglass options!